Stop & Shop today its doors in Woodmere, New York, last week marking the brand’s first new location on Long Island since its Rocky Point store opened in 2017. Located at 253-01 Rockaway Blvd., Stop & Shop’s Woodmere store is just 1.7 miles from its Inwood store, which closed permanently on Thursday, October 29.
Stop & Shop’s new Woodmere location is refreshed in look, format and amenities. Customers will enjoy the largest kosher assortment available at any Stop & Shop store, enhanced ethnic offerings and more convenient solutions including curbside pickup that makes grocery shopping faster and easier for customers.
Highlights of the Woodmere store include:
- New grab-and-go meal solutions including a new hot foods bar, sushi made fresh in-store daily, and a flatbread pizza station.
- Expanded produce section that includes a dedicated kosher assortment of fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Enhanced kosher assortment that includes fresh fish, meat and baked goods including challah and babka.
- Expanded beer section complete with local craft finds such as Greenport Harbor Brewing and Port Jeff Brewing.
- Stop & Shop Pickup – orders placed online at stopandshop.com can be picked up at the store from the comfort of your own car while a store associate delivers your order right to your trunk.
“Stop & Shop has been proud to serve the Five Towns Community for 20 years,” said Bob Yager, SVP of Operations Strategy & Support for Stop & Shop. “We are even more proud to be providing residents with a new store, complete with new services and products that will better serve this diverse and wonderful community.”
Part of a multi-year initiative to refresh the brand’s 400+ stores, Woodmere is the first of several Nassau County store remodels that will mirror the company’s investment in 21 stores in Suffolk County last year. Coming up later this year, Stop & Shop will unveil refreshed stores in Glen Cove (11/6), West Babylon and Huntington (11/20), and Port Washington (12/18). Several others will follow in 2021.
To commemorate the occasion and further support the Five Towns community, Stop & Shop Woodmere will donate $1,000 and $500 in Nature’s Promise® natural and organic products to the Gural JCC in Cedarhurst.
Categorised in: Around the Community