|Wind advisory in effect from 10 am this morning to 7 PM this evening.
The National Weather Service is warning hazardous weather conditions in the area. With showers mainly between 10 am and 1 pm and thunderstorms after 1pm. It is also expected to bring wind gusts as high as 44 mph.
- In an EMERGENCY, call 911. For fire and medical emergencies only, you can also call the Lawrence-Cedarhurst Fire Department at 516-569-4411.
- Avoid unnecessary outdoor activity. Falling tree limbs and other wind-blown debris can cause serious injuries or death. The safest place to weather the storm is indoors.
- Remove any unsecured objects outside, such as lawn furniture, portable BBQ’s and pool equipment to a safer location, or secure them
- Any downed wire should be treated as though it is a live wire. Therefore, do not approach or drive over it, or touch anything it’s contacting.
- To report an outage or downed wire call PSEG Long Island’s 24-hour Electric Service number: 800-490-0075 or use PSEG web chat feature at www.psegliny.com. You can also view outage information by going to https://mypowermap.psegliny.com
- To report outages and receive information on restoration times, crew locations and more download PSEG Long Island mobile app.
- To report and receive status updates via text, text OUT to PSEGLI (773454) or visit them online at www.psegliny.com/outages
For downed trees or obstacles blocking the road, call the Village at 516-295-5770. We will keep the phone line staffed until the storm passes.
Categorised in: Local News